It’s pretty easy to keep your BBQ grill in great shape. Summer is in full swing, and you’re probably grilling out more than ever and need to be sure your grill stays in tip top shape. Here are our five recommendations that will keep your grill functioning great:
- Clean the Grill After Using It– Every time (yes, EVERY time) you cook on your grill, give it a quick clean before shutting it down. Let the elements cool and then use your grill brush to scrape away residue from the grates, as well as anything that has dropped down onto the burners.
- Rub Grates with Oil– When you’re done grilling and have brushed the grill clean, be sure to rub a little vegetable oil onto the grates to keep rust at bay.
- Cover the Grill When Not in Use– A good grill cover will help protect your grill from rust and damage, and will keep out leaves, debris, lizards, bugs, and other Florida pests. When you’re done using the grill, clean it, let it cool completely, and cover it up.
- Routinely Check for Propane Leaks– A propane leak can turn your gas grill into a hazard. Mix some dish soap and water. Then turn on the propane and test for leaks by running the soapy water along the gas line and connections. If soap bubbles form anywhere, that indicates a leak. You’ll need to either tighten the connection or replace the line.
- Schedule Deep Grill Cleaning– Your grill should be deep cleaned at least once per year, or more frequently if you grill out often. You can roll up your sleeves and do it yourself, though most grill owners like to skip this cumbersome task and call on a highly rated Jacksonville grill cleaning company. Grill cleaning technicians are trained to work with propane, grease and gunk, and other unpleasant aspects of the work, and understand the hard work that goes into getting a BBQ grill truly clean.
Grilling out is one of the great joys of warm weather, and here in Jacksonville, Riverside, Mandarin, San Marco, and St. Augustine, we can grill out almost all year long. Why not take these few simple steps to be sure your grill is clean, rust-free, and ready to go at a moment’s notice? Then, when it comes to deep cleaning, GrillSOS is the best grill cleaning company Jacksonville FL homeowners call on when their grills need to be cleaned. We use the best tools, methods, and cleaning solutions in the industry to remove all charred meat and other cooking residue, grease, and gunk that is unappetizing as well as flammable and potentially hazardous. You’ll be amazed at how great your outdoor kitchen looks when we’re through with the cleaning!